Temple Judea has been recognized across the United States for its innovation in developing out-of-the-box religious school options to help families make Jewish learning a positive and stress-free experience for their children. Our Classroom Program is offered one day a week with options for Hebrew Studies (4th-6th grade). We offer Hebrew Studies online in small groups, online in private sessions, or at Temple Judea in a classroom setting. The Classroom Program instruction model includes weekly classes throughout the regular school year, Meyuchadim ("specials"), enrichment activities, retreats and membership in our junior and senior youth groups.
Days/Times for 2018-2019 School Year
Religious School Program Schedule Grades K-9th:
- TK-3rd Grade: Sundays from 8:45-10:45am or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm.
- 4th-6th Grade: Sundays from 8:45-10:45am Jewish Studies & 11am-12pm Hebrew Studies or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm Jewish Studies & 5:45-6:45pm Hebrew Studies.
- 7th Grade: Sundays from 9:00am-12:00pm with one 10:00am-12:00pm Learning session per month. Students will be required to attend every Learning session and attend at least one Tikkun Olam session per month.
- 8th-9th Grade: Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm twice a month, exact dates in Religious School Calendar (link below).
Judea Teen Journeys (JTJ) - 9th-12th Grades
- 10th Grade Confirmation: Sundays once a month, time is TBD.
- 11th-12th Grade Post-Confirmation: Once a month, date & time is TBD.
- Cantors in Training (9th-12th Grade): Day a& time is TBD, performs for High Holy Days and other holidays and event at Temple Judea.
- Madrichim (9th-12th Grade): Sundays from 8:45-10:45am or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm.
- RAC L'Taken trip to Washington D.C. (9th-12th Grade): Weekend retreat to D.C. in early 2019, participate in workshops with the Religious Action Committee and speak with lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
- Love, Sex, & Relationship Retreat (9th-12th Grade): November 2nd-4th, 2018, High School weekend retreat sponsored by Wilshire Boulevard Temple at Camp Hess Kramer.