Temple Judea has been recognized across the United States for its innovation in developing out-of-the-box religious school options to help families make Jewish learning a positive and stress-free experience for their children. Our Classroom Program is offered one day a week with options for Hebrew instruction (for 4th-6th grade) in the home or in small group settings with flexible scheduling. The Classroom Program instruction model includes weekly classes throughout the regular school year, enrichment activities, retreats and free membership in our youth groups.
Our other option is Nisayon, an alternative religious school program where students meet for two weeks of camp-based instruction in the summer and one week in the winter. Nisayon includes monthly family learning opportunities emphasizing Jewish values and the religious education of each child where parents and children participate in hands-on activities and thoughtful discussions with clergy and educators. Students interact with peers in the traditional model program at retreats and youth group events (membership is included in tuition). The Nisayon program focuses on a specific theme each year such as Israel, Torah, lifecycles and God.
All students in grades 4-6 (Traditional and Nisayon) also participate in our Hebrew Program.
Classroom Instruction Days/Times 2014-2015
- Transitional Kindergarten-3rd Grade: Sunday 8:45 am – 10:45 am
- 4th – 6th Grade: Sunday 8:45 am – 10:45 am OR Wednesday 3:45 pm – 5:45 pm (for Hebrew options please click here)
- 7th – 12th Grade: Tuesday 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm OR Sunday 8:45 am - 10:45 am
- Summer Camp: July 28 – August 8, 2014 (Monday – Friday)
- Winter Camp: December 27-31, 2014 (Saturday – Wednesday)
- Dates for additional Child & Family Events: TBA