Temple Judea has been recognized across the United States for its innovation in developing out-of-the-box religious school options to help families make Jewish learning a positive and stress-free experience for their children. Our Classroom Program is offered one day a week with options for Hebrew Studies (4th-6th grade). We offer Hebrew Studies in the Home in small groups or in private sessions, or at Temple Judea in a classroom setting. The Classroom Program instruction model includes weekly classes throughout the regular school year, Meyuchadim ("specials"), enrichment activities, retreats and membership in our junior and senior youth groups.
Days/Times for 2019-2020 School Year
Religious School Program Schedule - Grades K-6th:
- K-3rd Grade: Sundays from 9:00-11:00am or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm.
- 4th-6th Grade: Sundays from 9:00am-12:00pm Jewish Studies & Hebrew Studies or Tuesdays from 3:45-6:45pm Jewish Studies & Hebrew Studies.
- K-3rd Grade Home-based Learning: Total of 25, 1-hour sessions.
- 4th-6th Grade Home-based Learning: Total of 25, 1½-hour sessions.
- K-3rd Grade Ba'Bayit: At-home group learning, Total of 25, 1-hour sessions.
- 4th-6th Grade Ba'Bayit: At-home group learning, Total of 25, 1½-hour sessions.
Judea Teen Journeys (JTJ) - Grades 7th-12th:
- 7th Grade: One Wednesday afternoon (3:45-6:15pm) and one 5hr Sunday field trip (9:00am-2:00pm) per month.
- 8th-9th Grade: Wednesdays from 3:45-6:15pm twice a month.
- 10th Grade Confirmation: Wednesdays from 5:45-8:15pm twice a month.
- 11th-12th Grade Post-Confirmation: Wednesdays from 5:45-8:15pm twice a month.
- Cantors in Training (9th-12th Grade): Youth singing group- Day & time is TBD, performs for High Holy Days and other holidays and event at Temple Judea.
- Madrichim (9th-12th Grade): Sundays from 9:00-11:00am or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm.
- RAC L'Taken trip to Washington D.C. (9th-12th Grade): Weekend retreat to D.C. in early 2020, participate in workshops with the Religious Action Committee and speak with lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
- Love, Sex, & Relationship Retreat (9th-12th Grade): November 15th-17th, 2019. High School weekend retreat sponsored by Wilshire Boulevard Temple at AJU.