Sunday, April 02, 2017, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Don't forget to RSVP to join us with your sixth grader on our annual field trip to the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust on Sunday, April 2nd. The deadline to RSVP is March 15th. Please read through this entire email as there are important details included.
What: Field Trip to Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust (LAMOTH). We are so fortunate to be able to tour the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust with our Sunday and Tuesday 6th Grade families (this is NOT the Museum of Tolerance). The museum visit will be an important addition to the Holocaust Workshops your children will be experiencing here at Temple Judea and will include meeting a Holocaust Survivor and hearing their story. We are so lucky that this year we have the opportunity to hear from two Holocaust survivors (we heard from Lily Vais at the 1st workshop and we will hear from another survivor at LAMOTH). As I’ve said before, your children are the last generation of children that will have the opportunity to hear testimony directly from survivors. Sadly, as the generation ages, we lose the opportunity to witness their story and experience. I know it’s a long day, but if you are able, please make the time for yourself and most especially for your child.
When: Sunday, April 2 from 10:00am to 1:00pm (meeting at LAMOTH at 10am, departing LAMOTH at 1:00pm)
Where: Parents and sixth graders will meet at the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust located at 100 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Please NOTE: No bus will be provided and all students attending the field trip MUST be accompanied by a parent or family member.
RSVP: RSVP—we ask you to RSVP by clicking here. Please include the total number of people attending (include parent(s)/family members and your 6th grader in the total). RSVP must be received no later than March 15th, the museum hires docents based on our numbers and they need time to secure these docents. If we do not receive your RSVP by the deadline, you cannot show up at the museum as again, docents and tours have been arranged to reflect the numbers.
A Few Logistics:
- Click here for information about parking at LAMOTH.
- Siblings unfortunately cannot attend with 6th grade students due to lack of space to accommodate the full group plus additional visitors.
- This field trip is in lieu of Sunday Religious School on the 2nd and serves as the 6th Grade Family Program.
- The Tour is a full three hour experience and 6th graders will not have Hebrew class on the 2nd.
- The tour is long and you’ll want to make sure to eat breakfast and pack a snack to eat directly prior to entering the museum. Following the field trip, go grab lunch in super cool West Hollywood! If you need recommendations I’m happy to give you some—I live in the neighborhood. :)
- Please know that you and your group will go through a security check once you come into the Museum.
- Please leave backpacks and/or bags in your car or at home.
- No pens, gum, food or drinks are allowed in the Museum. Please use only pencils in the galleries.
- Please supervise your students at all times.
- No flash photography in the Museum exhibits.
- Please refrain from cell phone conversation during tours.
We so look forward to this opportunity to experience the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust with your family. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Rebecca Raskin, MAJE
Director of Education